Teacher Llucia Márquez - My experience in Lille

 My experience in Lille


In May, I had the opportunity to spend a week in Lille, a city in the north of France, thanks to

the Erasmus+ exchange program. I was at Lycée Cam
ille de Lellis, a vocational training

institute situated in Lambersart, a neighborhood of the city. It is composed of a professional

Lycée, a Continuing Education Center, and an Apprenticeship Formation Unit. There,

students can train in healthcare, social care, catering, commerce, sales, etc.

As a language teacher and linguistic coordinator in ETP Xavier, I was with the foreign

language teachers of the school: English and Spanish, and I could see different

methodologies of learning. One thing that surprised me was that in all vocational training

students must study French and two foreign languages!



Moreover, I could have time to visit and enjoy the city (when the rain allowed me!). Lille is an

extraordinary small city with a mixture of French and Flemish culture, because of its

geographic situation (it is only 18 km far away from Belgium).

If I had to highlight a few things, it would be the beauty of the buildings, the charm of its

cobbled streets and… chocolate! If you like desserts (waffles, cakes, croissants...) you have

to visit Lille!

I am very grateful for having had this experience. Learning about other educational systems

and, in general, other cultures is always an incredible opportunity.



Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

Cap a Westerburg!

Leslie, una altra manera de veure el món

Carla, 2n Guia, unforgettable experience